Managing Your Holiday Budget
It’s the most wonderful time of the year — the holiday shopping season. If saving money isn’t on your holiday list this year yet, then consider that the leading cause of stress at this time of year stems from overspending.
Here are our top tips for enjoying the holiday season without breaking the bank and starting off 2020 right.
- Proper budgeting and smart shopping techniques will help you stay within budget, while finding something special for everyone on your list. For instance, set a spending limit per person limit for each gift, and then track your spending as you shop.
- While it might be too late to set a ton of money aside for your holiday shopping this year, think about setting aside money throughout the year to use for holiday spending in 2020.
- Take advantage of free holiday events.
- Consider selling items that you don’t use anymore or upcycling items.
- Take advantage of online ordering to save money and time by comparison shopping. Make sure to take advantage of Cyber Monday sales and free shipping codes.
- Instead of using your credit card to buy gifts, pay with cash.
We wish you a stress-free holiday season and an equally enjoyable 2020!